Football

Uwdi Krugg will be spending the 2016-17 season watching South West non league football, eating the wrong kind of food and having a bloody good moan.


Thursday, 3 September 2009

Krugg award for August 2009

Each month I will present a club with the special 'Krugg Award' for the ground I have most enjoyed during that months visits. The Krugg Award results in a special selection of extra photographs being posted from the winning ground. As I am a renowned miser, the award does not carry any financial gain, neither is there any kind of trophy, however, the winning club will be able to say they 'won' the award above all the other clubs whom I visited in that particular month (without any disrespect to all the other locations, there is no such thing as a poor football ground).
The August 2009 contenders were:
AFC Telford
Alfreton Town
Droylsden
Mossley
Northwich Victoria
Ossett Town
Rossendale United
Southport
Stafford Rangers
Stalybridge Celtic
Warrington Town
And the Krugg Award for August 2009 goes to.............MOSSLEY
Here are the extra pictures from Seel Park, the lovely home of Mossley Football Club who play in UniBond NPL Division 1 North:

3 comments:

by Paul Kirkwood said...

Looks great. Must add it to my hitlist.

Anonymous said...

Uwdi ,thanks for posting these pics,i live in Canada ,but originally from Mossley .I have very fond memories of seel park .I used to go with my Dad and uncle ,and not forgetting Grandad .the smell of hot bovril and meat pies drifting across the ground ,priceless memories.
thanks agian Ste leigh

Uwdi Krugg said...

Glad you enjoyed the pictures Ste. Those tea hut smells were certainly drifting around the ground when I went. A lot of people seemed to be having their dinner/evening meal there. Paper plates and all.