Football

Uwdi Krugg will be spending the 2016-17 season watching South West non league football, eating the wrong kind of food and having a bloody good moan.


Tuesday, 25 May 2010

Tea Hut end of season awards

Each winner of a 'Tea Hut' award would have been given one of these special antique 'Arthur Wood' football tankards but I've only got one so I've put it on my sideboard instead.

This classic piece of pottery cost me 5 quid come packing up time at a South Yorkshire collectors fair. Mega rare I'm told! What an investment. Nope, you won't see one of these little beauties on eBay!

Anyway, on with the action, here are the spectacular winners of all that was best with my 2009/10 non league football season.

The 'Where's The Tea Hut' Awards

Most charasmatic and pleasing ground: Witton Albion

Thrilling end to end match: Clitheroe 1 Woodley Sports 0

Delicious scrumptious pie: Glossop North End

Nice programme: Ilkeston Town

Classy kit: The New Saints (TNS)

Fantastic supporters: Blyth Spartans

Entertainer: Carl Heggs (as the manic-dugout-deranged Kings Lynn manager)

My season was somewhat cut short just after the bad weather due to a new job making me mentally insane. I'm pleased to report that I'm over it now (I think) so I will be making a full return to Tea Hut action for the start of the 2010/11 season (warden supervision pending). Can't wait. Might do a bit of World Cup and summertime ranting in the interim, just to keep my arm in.

By the way, I'm open to sensible offers about the mega rare Arthur Wood antique tankard? But it will have to be over 5 pounds.

1 comment:

Kathleen said...

Wow, amazing tea hut end of season award. tea hut is looking very nice. i really like this blog. thanks for sharing this blog!!!!

World Cup Gossip