Football

Uwdi Krugg will be spending the 2016-17 season watching South West non league football, eating the wrong kind of food and having a bloody good moan.


Wednesday, 15 June 2011

Mid Summer Bobbins

Gonna sort out my Pre Season Friendly visits over the next week or so, I know a lot of people don't rate them (some groundhoppers wont be caught dead at them) but I tend to class them the same as hangover tablets. If you need them badly enough you'll damn well take them.

Mid summer non-football period is really taking its toll. I tried to get back into a bit of cricket recently but when they all tramped off because it got a bit cloudy I realised it wouldn't be practical, especially not where I live.

Dug out an old 'football programme' objective yesterday. Some years ago I started off attempting to attain a home programme for every First Division Football League Club for every season from 1965-66 through to 1974-75. Please note younger readers, this was Pre Premier League times when the First Division was numbero-uno in English football top-turkeyism. Checking how far I got..... I'm round-about two thirds of the way there. I even bagged a couple of late sixties programmes on eBay today (just to keep my hand in). I reckon the boring summer will see me trying to progress this even further. Hopefully I might even post a few pictures of recent acquisitions on here (now that WILL be exciting). Its better than nothing at all I suppose.

No comments: