Football

Uwdi Krugg will be spending the 2014-15 season watching non league football, eating the wrong kind of food and having a bloody good moan.

Saturday, 8 October 2011

Absolutely Pathetic! Thats it I'm afraid.

Saturday 8th October

A black day for Wheres The Tea Hut...................

After spending over 2 hours in yet another ridiculous M62 traffic jam I had to divert the Match Shed from its intended match day destination and take the unwelcome choice of heading for Atherton Collieries FC for their crappy looking fixture with Rochdale Town. It was 20 minutes to 3pm and this was the only game in range.

I slung the Match Shed down one of the Atherton back streets and rushed towards the ground. How strange nobody was around? Oh no, surely not! Yep, you guessed it, it was bloody well postponed!

How a bit of light drizzle can waterlog a pitch is beyond belief. I decided to go through the gate and take a look myself. Guess what I found, a pitch with not a thing wrong with it, no puddles, no swamp, no problems whatsoever, so why did they call it off?

I asked a couple of blokes getting back in their car a bit further down the road "Why has the game been called off"? The one in the passenger seat replied "I've just had a call on the mobile that half the team are already in the pub next to Old Trafford, they've got tickets for the Super League Grand Final"!

Now I'm not saying this is true but I will say one thing with a bit of certainty, that pitch was playable! Atherton Collieries are duly welcomed to my banned list.

After the joke game I went to see at Oldham Boro last week I'm just about sick and tired of being taken for a mug, this silly situation at Atherton Collieries has been an even worse incompetent chapter.

I'm currently of the opinion that I'd be better off doing something else with my 'diminishing' disposable income.

Some non league clubs need to sort a few priorities out (or they wont have any spectators at all).

11 comments:

Dave said...

Very sorry to hear this, Uwdi. Shall miss reading your fine words every week. Hopefully you'll change your mind.

From a fellow non-leaguer.

:(

Anonymous said...

Atherton LR less than 1/2 away WAS ON ........

Malc said...

Uwdi...
Luckily, I travel only locally, so if one game is off, within 10 minutes or so I can be at another. I can't travel far and wide anyway, due to a very restricted budget, but even within a 20 mile or so radius of home, there are usually half a dozen or so choices available. Wishing you better luck on your travels in the future.

Malc

Uwdi Krugg said...

As it was a spur of the moment last minute dash to Atherton, I knew where the Atherton Collieries FC ground was but didn't have available directions for Atherton LR FC, so it was a long sulk home.

Uwdi Krugg said...

Thanks for the 'better' luck message Malc. I seem to be having a bad run at the moment.

Uwdi Krugg said...

Thanks Dave, your kind words are appreciated. Think I need to calm down a bit?

Anonymous said...

Hope you change your mind, enjoy your web site, the NWCL is on my northern limit but I have been to Glossop/New Mill and Cheadle and found them to be decent clubs run by football people. But like any league you get clubs badly run or just hanging on.

Wilbur said...

Dont want to laugh at your misfortune, as ive been in that position several times myself down the years ! but your the best footy blogger around.

Dont give up mate and i will look forward to next week's episode.
The sunday league geek.

thedribblingcode said...

Tha should definitely keep going soft lad - if only for Mrs. Frugal Glen's sake! At least flip a coin on it?

Michael said...

It's just not your season by the look of it. I had a similar run at the back end of last year, though nothing as annoying as this. Hope you keep going.

Uwdi Krugg said...

Thanks for the nice messages. I might have a re-think at some stage, I've always been a bit 'spur of the moment'. I'm keeping myself focused on moaning and groaning by doing some work on my other blog site: TUBSHACKER (theres a link in my sidebar on the right of the page)