Football

Uwdi Krugg will be spending the 2016-17 season watching South West non league football, eating the wrong kind of food and having a bloody good moan.


Wednesday, 22 May 2013

The so called Summer break?

Its just the same as the winter up here on the Pennines, cold, miserable, windy and wet. The only thing missing is the football. The question is what can a moaning tw*t like me do to pass the time until the pre season friendlies kick in? For the last 6 years local league Cricket has been a soggy washout so thats no good, once upon a time I went to watch BRISCA Formula 1 Stock Cars but a lot of the nearby tracks have closed and the admission money is no longer worth it for the low number of drivers that turn up. As for Rugby League, I cannot watch it anymore, its more like bloody basketball these days, we never had silly scorelines like 48-66 in the old days. I can remember 5-3 slogs in a foot full of mud as 'meat pie' prop forwards slogged it out at places such as Thrum Hall and The Watersheddings, you didn't go for entertainment... it was an endurance test.

Looks like I'll have to get the Subbuteo set out of the garage again. I've tried playing the wife on a 1 to 1 basis but she's pretty much crap, its ok winning 38-0 a few times but it tends to get a bit predictable. What I do now is get her to dash around the table operating the goalies while I play all the outfield players for both sides. I think she reckons I've gone a bit doo-lally on account of my running match commentary (something thats followed me from my childhood), I'm best self-described as a bit of a cross between the smug calculation of the swarve Brian Moore and the over hyped hysterics of David Coleman.

Fancy a game?

2 comments:

paul watson said...

There is a reserve game on at town tomorrow if you are desperate mate. And a family fun day also for a good charity cause

themaclad said...

In hind sight you should have stuck to cricket UK, as I will until 3/8/2013.
Good to see the blog back